I Have A Dream

T. Casanova's dream journal. I have crazy dreams and I want to write about them. That's it, nothing special.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Friday September 2nd - Dream 2

I was in a northern city, perhaps even in Canada. I was working at a hotel as delivery guy and I worked in the kitchen. For some reason, I delivered room service carts to people throughout the city. It was dusk, the sun was setting, and there was a night time chill in the air. There were only a handful of black people around in the city. In the background were street performers, not homeless people, but like actual eclectic artisans, like you see on Venice Beach. I was pushing the room service cart. There was a man on stilts and those rhythmic gymnasts that twirl the scarves out there.

I was pushing the room service cart down a hill when I saw this woman. She looked to be about 23. She was either white, or light skinned, about 5' 3". She had short black hair and a wide face, not abnormally wide. She was very pretty and had an exotic ethnic look that made me think she was Greek. We locked eyes for a minute and then I looked away. She was hanging with 3 white guys. One of them had on one of those hemp shirts that the stoners wear, and had a scraggly blond beard and unkempt hair. He put me in the mind of a surfer dude, but where we were there was no ocean and it was cold. I was wearing a uniform, with a white tuxedo style shirt and black pants and jacket. The girl approached me...

She said, 'Hey" with a smile in her voice. I responded likewise. She stared for a long while and then caught up with her friends. The surfer dude gave a concerned look, and then they walked off. I continued to push the cart and made my way back to the hotel. It was a glitzy place with chandeliers and well dressed high class clients. I talked to some co workers (about what i cant remember)

The following day, I was making another delivery. The sun was out but it still was chilly. I saw mystery girl again with her friends. She was wearing a grey t-shirt that was tight across her torso and a hint of her stomach showed over her faded blue jeans. She had on a Native American style necklace and bracelets. She was beautiful in that unassuming kind of way. She was thick in that white girl kinda way. She didn't have a real big butt, but it was big for a white girl. The thing that struck me the most, was her smile. It was part mischeivous, part shy, and part mysterious. She came over to talk to me again. We talked for awhile and then her friends started hassling her. Telling her they had to go. She took my hand and wrote down a phone number on it. No area code, so I couldnt tell where we were, but she also didnt put her name on it. Surfer dude, gave me another look. He didnt say anything, but i could tell he wasnt too happy that she was associating with a Black guy. The girl started walking backwards with her friend and blew me a kiss and motioned for me to call her.

It then started storming. A heavy downpour ensued and I was soaked in my work uniform. I got lost, I saw some streets that looked familiar, but I couldnt remember which way to go. I even get lost easily in my dreams. LOL. I had no umbrella so my clothes became heavy on me. I finally found my way to the street the hotel was on and I saw the girl again. For some reason she was not wet even though the rain was still falling. We took refuge in the covered doorway of a candle shop. We talked and she told me that she had a confession. She said "I'm not really white, if that is what you are worried about." I asked what her heritage was and she whispered. "Chinese and African -Canadian" I then began to see her black characteristics. She said that she hasn't told her friends because they always knew her as white, but she thought she should tell me because I look like the type that wouldnt date a white girl. I was leaning against the glass door of the candle shop and she leaned in closely. I clasped my hands around her waist and pulled her close for a kiss. We kissed and the cover of the doorway was no longer there so we got rained on. It was a tender and innocent kiss, not designed to lead up to anything. It must have lasted for 3 or 4 minutes. I felt my heart palpating and my head swirling. I got the flutters in my stomach like when you first get involved in a new situation, when everything seems perfect. No skepticism, no this girl is crazy or getting on my nerves, just pure anticipation of what's next. She caressed my face and looked at me with innocence in her eyes, which I then noticed had Chinese characteristics. I grabbed her hand and we ran in the rain until we got to an apartment building. I told her that I would see her later and she went inside (I guess that is where she lived.) I stood outside for what seemed like an eternity gazing back at her as she walked backwards towards the elevator.

And then I woke up...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home